Monday, December 12, 2011

Bullying..A sad reality..that needs to be stopped..

This past month here in my home town has been horrendous. In the past month there have been two students that have committed suicide due to bullying in the school. It frustrates me to no end that there is so much bullying going on in a community and that no one is willing to stand up and stop it from happening. We are losing innocent students and people in general because of bullying and we as future professionals need to stand up now and be advocates against bullying. No one should feel that there is no other way out. We should be willing to be there are show individuals that we are here to help and if they need anything we can help, whether it be to listen to them talk or to just say hi to them everyday. Everyone can make a difference and I think that we all need to start now before this becomes an even bigger problem then it already is today in our society. I know that I for one am and advocate against bullying and I will not stand for any individual to be bullied in or out of my classroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment